Pupils need an ordered and structured environment in which discipline is applied firmly but fairly. Little Philo School expects its pupils to have an exemplary behavior at all times.
Rules and regulations: Please read these terms carefully.
1. Pupils must be polite and courteous to staff, other pupils and visitors. Out of respect for their comrades, pupils must be polite and positive and not interrupt when another is speaking.
2. Pupils must be punctual for school and lessons.
3. The school buildings must be kept clean and tidy. The waste must be deposited in the bins provided, we respect the environment. Pupils clean their desks and the class.
4. The school does not allow the wearing of jewelry (necklaces and rings). Wearing a small "stud" in each earlobe is allowed but must be removed for sport; School disclaims any responsibility in case of loss of jewelry.
5. Pupils are expected to behave at all times and give a good image of the school including during organized school trips.
6. Pupils are not allowed to use mobile phones and other electronic devices in class. All these objects must be placed in a basket on arrival. In case of non-compliance, the objects are confiscated and kept safe until the end of the day.
7. The school is not responsible for personal items.
8. When in a working atmosphere, whisper as not to disturb others in the classroom.
9. Walk slowly inside the classroom.
10. Objects must be put back in their place. The room must be cleaned when the job is finished.
11. Be careful not to hurt others. We are helpful and friendly. Speak with respect at all times.
12. Swear words are not tolerated even if we disagree with one other. Pupils will be given a general interest task for non-compliance. (See Penalties).
13. Mishaps can happen: if we find things broken or missing, we tell or give it to the teacher.
14. Children should bring school uniform (jacket) during outings so that they are recognized.
15. As a representative of the school, it is understood that pupils behave with respect and courtesy toward all, including: other pupils in the group, teachers, parents or bystanders.
16. It is forbidden to eat chewing gum during school hours.
17. The work of another pupil should not be touched without the agreement of the latter.
The school rules are the rules of “life in the classroom community”. Lessons are given daily using role plays, modeling and discussions. These responsibilities are to the ability of every child so that they are comfortable and have freedom of movement and choice in the classroom as needed.
Disclaimer: The child is free to work with the desired materiel but must use it with respect. They must not damage either his equipment, or his friends, or use it to disrupt the group's activities in the classroom.
Disclaimer: Any activity or work must be done on a table or a rug. The pupils must not impede access to materials for other children.
Disclaimer: The child keeps a tidy environment during and after work. It is his responsibility to place his chair under the table and arrange his work in the appropriate place.
Disclaimer: No child has the right to touch an others work without having been invited to do so. No pupil is allowed to interfere with the learning cycle of another pupil.
The child has the right to work without restriction. He can continue his work without a break if he wishes not to disturb his concentration cycle.
Disclaimer: The child is not allowed to interfere or disrupt an activity group in which he chose not to join; he must respect the group.
Children do not have to join a group activity, they can continue to work on their individual exercise or be an observer without becoming an active participant.
Disclaimer: Children can work alone, he is not forced or even encouraged to share work unless he wishes. Gradually, as his confidence grows, sharing becomes natural. With these basic rules, the desire to support and / or share is gradually introduced when appropriate.
Parents should communicate any absence for medical reasons or other by phone first and then in writing. Missed work will be made up by the pupil.
If it is impossible for the parent to take a course he signed to do for the school, ie; afterschool activity, he must let it be known the teacher as soon as possible. The lesson will be postponed.
The school notifies families for any need through emails. Outings, a child’s special need or other.
Due to the size of the school, parents become acquainted. Their contact information will be given to the other parents in the class unless they stipulate otherwise.
Our outings are always educational or sportive. Any parent not wanting their child to participate in an outing is requested to let the school know as soon as possible. He must in that case come to the school to collect his child before the group leaves the school. Or they should organize for a member on their form to collect the child.
Parents who help with lessons in class and work with families are in contact with confidential information. We respect the confidentiality. Parents with access to files and folders concerning other children should never discuss progress and difficulties of pupils with others. Teachers do not discuss progress and difficulties of children with persons other than the parents or guardians. The information given by the parents to the Director, Supervisors or teachers will not be shared with other adults. Your kids can not leave school with someone other than yourself, unless previous arrangements have been made with the Director or the Supervisor. When the unexpected happens, contact the school to give us the name of the person who will collect your child. You can leave a message on our answering machine that we consult regularly.
In case of serious injury to a child, the school will call the fire department and the child's parent will be asked to go directly to the hospital.
CLASS RULES OF LITTLE PHILO SCHOOL:
There are some basic rules to respect in schools. This sets limits to ensure that work can be done safely and comfortably. These rules are very important for the safety of the individual and groups of children.
1. Arrive on time.
2. Work seriously and allow others to do the same.
3. Follow the instructions.
4. Respect people and places.
5. Place coats and bags in the cloakroom area.
6. Attach long hair and clothing.
7. Food should only be eaten during lunch or snacks.
8. Report any accident or incident to the teacher or the responsible parent.
9. Raise your hand before speaking. Do not interrupt a pupil or the teacher.
10. Listen to others and participate in class discussions.
11. Prepare useful material before beginning work.
12. Do homework.
13. Hold doors open for others, the girls come first, gallantry.
14. Cooperate with the group.
15. Do not touch other people's work or material.
16. Do not interrupt the learning of other pupils.
17. Do not kick or raise a hand against another pupil.
18. Keep hands clean and take care of personal hygiene.
19. No vandalism. Do not write or sculpt tables or desks.
20 Use computers with care.
21. Come to class ready to learn. (Sharpened pencils, pens, papers and notebooks)
22. Respect property. (Whether the property of the school or personal property)
23. Respect the ideas of others in class, do not criticize.
24. Do your best.
Display on the wall.
1. School Attendance and obligation:
Regular attendance of elementary school is mandatory under the laws and regulations in force.
1.2. Absences: Absences are recorded each half day in a register kept by the teacher in charge.
1.3. Frequent absences lead to the conversation of the parents:
When a child misses class momentarily, those responsible for the class must without delay (no later than 9.30 hours), be made aware of the reasons. Upon returning to school the child must apologize to the teacher. The medical certificate is necessary if the child is absent for more than 1 day. The parent should notify the Direction if the child contracts a contagious disease.
The Director is required to report all non-valid absences to the school Inspectors. Including four half-days in a month.
For a planned absences, a request must be given to the teacher in advance. However, it is preferable, wherever possible, that medical appointments are taken outside school hours.
2.1. Access to school and monitoring are from 8 am to 4pm. When pupils enter the classroom, they can no longer leave until it is time.
2.2. No pupil, unaccompanied by a responsible person, can enter or leave during school hours.
It is recommended for families to be very vigilant with the prevention of lice and to act effectively at the beginning of the school year. Inform the teacher if your child has lice. It is recommended to shampoo before school entry.
Any child with a plaster or prosthesis should is allowed in school as normal when a medical certificate so authorizes. Circular 07-04-1976.
Items identified below are prohibited at school: cutters, penknives, watches with alarm, electronic games, small hard balls, lollipops ... and any item that could hurt. These items will be confiscated by teacher and given to the parents of the child in the afternoon. They must not come back to school. The school declines all responsibility in case of loss or theft of money and valuables.
Violent games, throwing objects, snowballs are prohibited.
4.5. The teacher does not have to administer medication at school, except when there is a medical prescription and written parental consent.
5.1. It is forbidden to enter the school premises before the official time and without the presence of teachers responsible for monitoring.
5.3. Organizing after school: The teacher gives each child to its parents or the authorized person. Therefore, children are under the responsibility of their parents.
Bikes and scooters are allowed outside the school premises, but the school does not accept responsibility for loss or theft.
5.4. In case of accident or indisposition, a child hurt or upset, even slightly, must immediately notify the teacher monitoring or the director. If the child is unable, his comrades must do it for him.
6. Parents and Teachers:
6.1. The director and teacher of each class meet with the parents each semester, in September and in January, or more if necessary.
6.2. Parents can meet their child's teacher by making an appointment. Teachers are not required to talk to parents without an appointment. Respect their private lives. Parents are grouped regularly to organize schedules for the coming quarter. The blog on the website is also available to them.
6.3. Pupils work and assessments are communicated to families at the end of each quarter of the school year. However parents (who have access to their child’s education in class) may continuously note the progression of their child.
As a school record is kept and the skills to be acquired by year end or cycle by the pupil are defined by the teacher.
6.4. The right to information of divorced or separated spouses who do not have the usual custody will be respected in accordance with the regulations in force (both parents receive a copy of the school report).
7. Compliance with regulations
7.1. Breaches of the school rules may lead to reprimands which, if any are required they will be made available to the families concerned.
In the case of particularly serious difficulties affecting the behavior of a pupil in their schools, the child could be excluded either for a time or definitively.
7.2. Parental responsibility may be engaged in case of accidents resulting from lack of compliance with these Regulations. This regulation was adopted by the School Council.